Phoenix International Systems, Inc., today unveiled its new RPC12, a rugged high performance 4 Gbit Fibre Channel RAID array that combines critical features no where else available in a single compact package.
The SAN ready RPC12 features a 12 Hard Disk Drive array housed in a rugged 3U (5.25") panel height enclosure providing 4Gb FC host interfaces to high performance SAS and/or high capacity SATA II HDDs.
The RPC12 design is compliant with military and industrial specifications such as MIL-STD-901D, MIL-STD-810F and NEBS level 3.
The unique design of the RPC12's rugged, cableless, passive midplane-based, high density 3U chassis provides an increased environmental operational envelope (-20° to +60° C, 45,000 ft altitude with sealed HDDs), redundant, hot-swap components and massive storage capacity, while assuring the highest level of data availability.
The major components and features of the Phoenix RPC12 Fibre Channel RAID Storage System include:
· 3U Ruggedized Dual Port Fibre Channel RAID System
· Single Active (Dual Active, Failover/Failback option) Controller
· 2 4Gb/sec Fibre Channel Ports
· Sustained Data Rates to 4Gb/sec
· Battery Free Cache Backup
· Enclosed and Electrically Isolated Hot-Swap Drive Canisters
· Operational Altitude to 45,000 ft
· Operational Temperature -20° to 60° C
· 40 to 440Hz, 90/240 VAC Input Operation
· Slide Mountable
· Windows, Linux and Unix Support (Cluster Certified)
· Redundant, Hot-Swap Components/FRUs
· Management GUI and Failover Software
· Cool Operation - 10°F Max Temperature Rise
· Optional Transit/Op Case
· Made in USA
Phoenix International has been designing and building Rugged COTS data storage systems for any application - from Multi-Terabyte Fibre Channel RAID, Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN) configurations to conduction cooled plug-in VME solid state disk storage modules - since 1993.
Phoenix International, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), is an ISO 9001:2000 Certified Manufacturer located in a SBA HUBZone.
For further information and pricing, contact Amos Deacon III at (800) 203-4800 or at